Thursday, November 5, 2009

Video: Protesters being beaten by security forces 11/04



more videos @onlymehdi

PBS.ORG Frontline
Regime supporters apparently accidentally set ablaze a flag of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the semi-official Mehr News Agency posted it on its site.

From Tehran Bureau correspondent in Tehran (translated):

Metro stops for Taleghani and Ferdowsi were closed this morning, so I had to go all the way to Enghelab. But that way I did walk past the University of Tehran's gates, which were highly policed. Riot police were lined up every 20 meters or so all the way to Ferdowsi. I made it to Vali Asr and then walked North to Taleghani St. to make my way towards the old Embassy.

It was 10:30 am at this time. Hundreds of buses (that had brought in pro-regime supporters) lined Taleghani street, and I started to see some pro-regime marchers coming my way. Lots of groups of kids, separated into boys and girls, marched rather insipidly and sometimes shouted "Marg bar America" -- for them this is an annual political ritual with little meaning. I made it to the West end of the pro-regime protests; there were lots of people there and guards were no longer letting anyone in. I headed North to see if I could catch a glimpse of the opposition protests coming out of Haft-e Tir square. By this time (11 am) cellphones were not sending calls or texts at all. more

Report: Iran tested advanced nuclear warhead

No comments:

Post a Comment